Thursday, June 14, 2007

DISH restaurant - La Cañada, CA



This tuna melt was a slight departure from what I was used to, and I extend respect in its direction. The most striking thing about it was the finely chopped sweet pickle chunks blended into the tuna salad. It definitely sweetened things up, and I thought it was a good blend. The tuna was flanked by melted cheese on both pieces of bread. I'm not sure which variety they were rocking, but it was cheddar-ish. The bread was appropriately golden brown, but the middle of the underside of the bread was a bit floppy and soggy, which was an understandable shortcoming of this melt. The flavor was on point, despite this textural handicap, and I was pleased overall. The french fries that came with it were mediocre. It seemed as if they had sat for a little while and weren't piping hot. They tried to pull off some parmesan encrusted action, but the offerings were meager. Overall, this tuna melt is worth trying, unless you don't like sweet pickles.

On a side note: DISH has one of the best burgers I've had anywhere. The applewood smoked bacon burger is a walk through a delicious and smoky dream land of bliss.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I always add sweet pickles--chopped bread and butter pickles--to my tuna salad, so this sounds like the type of tuna mix I'd love. The soggy bread is offputting though. And bad fries? Argh.

I'll have to go for the burger. Thanks for the review! I hope you're having fun on your trip!